Saturday, February 05, 2005

Your rhymes are incomplete like Vinny Testaverde


For my first true entry I thought I would pass along some opinions on the upcoming Super Bowl. So here it goes.

T.O.

Obviously the best place to start is the most talked about player (maybe) in the Super Bowl. Should he play? The answer is up to him. If he feels if he can play, he should. It's the Super Bowl, something that even the best players don't reach. If I were in his shoes, if I could walk I would be on the field. I've played with broken toes, bum knees and other painful predicaments for games that a lot less meaning than the Super Bowl.

Bill Belichick

As a guy who is lodged in my top 10 most hated people alive list, I cannot root for this guy. And to add insult to injury all the sports guys continually call this guy a genius or best coach ever. Whenever anyone says this, I want to show them tapes of his old Brown's (my team bye the way) days. This guy was so bad it gave Modell (who ranks #2 on my most hated list) a reason to move the team out of town. He even benched then traded one of Cleveland most beloved sports star ever only to replace him with... Vinny Testaverde who inspired one of the best sports-inspired rap lyric of all time, "Your rhymes are incomplete like Vinny Testaverde." (A Tribe Called Quest)

Romeo Crennel

Let me take you back to last August when I bought Madden 2005. When I started up franchise mode, here were my first three moves. 1. Traded Jeff Garcia for draft picks, started Luke McCown (luckily cyber McCown's player rating doesn't drop 20 points in cold weather) 2. Traded William Green for draft picks, started Lee Suggs (luckily cyber Suggs isn't as injury proned as the real person) 3. Dropped Butch Davis and signed... you guessed it Romeo Crennel. Seriously, why was I not considered for the Browns' GM job. Look what happened when the Red Sox hired Theo Epstein. Back in the real world the Browns better schedule a press conference on Monday to announce Crennel the new head coach, barring Philly dropping 50 against his defense.

Prediction

Eagles17, Patriots 12 (Of course I always bet against Belichick, and I always lose, so don't take my prediction seriously) Wait I just thought of something:
Eagles17, Patriots 12
Patriots 33, Eagles 6


No comments:

Post a Comment