Friday, November 18, 2005

Are You Ready for Some Football... Um, Not Really


Tomorrow is rivalry week in college football so you can catch me glued... well, in bed. Even being stuck in between the biggest rivalry in college football, Ohio State-Michigan, I could care less. Maybe it’s because I went to a college that culminated just a couple more wins while I was there than the amount of years I attended. I remember back to freshman orientation where the school President said that if we won a game, we had her full permission to tear down the goal post. So we hauled down to Dix Stadium (seriously, that’s the name) every other week. Of course did not win one home game that season and for subsequence years we learned it was the tradition to leave the game at half time.

But I am a die hard Golden Flash so, unlike many turncoats in my state, I can not cheer for any other team. If you like Ohio State so much, why did you not go there, they do have a 100% acceptance rate so it’s not like you would have been turned down. Then there is the entirely different type of group, the type that root for Ohio State even though they dropped out of high school. So I’ll be sleeping most of the weekend because I would sooner watch women’s golf before college football, just make sure you wake me up in time for me to fill out my March Madness brackets.

Although there was one college football story that has caught my eye this year and that is the fledgling rap troupe down at Miami. Unfortunately I have not gotten my hands on a copy of the debut single from Seventh Floor Crew (send it along if you do know where I can find it) but I heard that there is an F-bomb about ever fifth word and routinely talk in French and refer to gardening tools. The song has ruffled the feathers of blowhards everywhere because they are up in arm. Apparently these people haven’t been in a boys’ dorm in the last decade, by what I hear is on the song is what is talked about in every college dorm and locker room across the land. If you want to get mad at someone, rip on because he says the exact same thing except he get paid for it and that’s who these kids, and kids much young than them, emulate these days.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.torianus.com/bs/7thfloorcrew.mp3

    ReplyDelete