Sunday, June 25, 2006

Are You Ready for Some Football - Knockout Edition


The knockout round of the World Cup started yesterday and I was able to correctly pick seven of the sixteen teams in their correct seeding from my original picks (see - Are You Read for Some Football?). As for the round robin games themselves, I was fairly mediocre ranking in the 50th percentile in their pick ‘em game. I was unable to correctly pick every game in a single group but went five of six in Group H missing only the Saudi Arabia-Tunisia tie. On the other side, the group of death lived up its name as I only got one match correct, Italy over Ghana.

I was unable to post my revisionist picks for the knockout round yesterday as I was stuck at a wedding, so here are those, unchanged from what I chose from what I picked from the ESPN game on Friday:


Round of Sixteen
Germany over Sweden
Argentina over Mexico
Ecuador over England (oops)
Netherlands over Portugal
Italy over Australia
Ukraine over Switzerland
Brazil over Ghana
Spain over France


Quarterfinals
Germany over Argentina
Italy over Ukraine
Netherlands over Ecuador
Brazil over Spain


Semifinals
Germany over Italy
Brazil over Netherlands


3rd Place
Netherlands over Italy


Finals
Brazil over Germany (3-1)

1 comment:

  1. I just saw your name on the grad list for my highschool in the Soo, Ontario. Are you the same person?

    ReplyDelete