Saturday, June 03, 2006

The Best of Prince


From time to time, I like to share CD’s I’ve made and one type of CD I like to make is my very own “Best Of” completion. Most Greatest Hits packages leave off some of my favorite songs so I have to make my own. Plus I prefer my Best Of albums to be in chronological order which some are not. This Best Of is from one of my top five favorite artist of all time, The Artist Sometimes Known as Prince. Granted there is only one song from the symbol era. Now I heard a rumor that the Purple One recently showed up on a karaoke show recently, which begs the question: If you are singing your own song that you wrote, is it still karaoke? But anyways. Here are my favorite Prince songs that fit on a single CD (unfortunately there are some holes in Prince’s iTunes library, so that is why I can’t link to some of the songs):

1. 1999 - 1999
2. Little Red Corvette - 1999
3. Let’s Go Crazy - The Purple Rain Soundtrack
4. Purple Rain - The Purple Rain Soundtrack
5. When Doves Cry - The Purple Rain Soundtrack
6. Raspberry Beret - Around the World in a Day
7. I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man - Sign ‘o’ the Times
8. Sign ‘o’ the Times - Sign ‘o’ the Times
9. Money Don’t Matter 2 Night - Diamonds and Pearls
10. Cream - Diamonds and Pearls
11. Gett Off - Diamonds and Pearls
12. Diamonds and Pearls - Diamonds and Pearls
13. 7 - The Symbol Album
14. How Come U Don’t Call Me Anymore? - The Hits/The B-Sides
15. P Control - The Gold Experience
16. Musicology - Musicology

The Best of Prince comes in at 1:16:27. Did I leave your favorite Prince song off? Feel free to tell want songs you would have exchanged in the comments section.

5 comments:

  1. Now THAT is a great "Best of!" When are you going to send me a copy? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a cotton-picking minute! You don't have "Adore" (Purple Rain), "Do Me, Baby", "Kiss", "I Would Die 4 U", "Lady Cabdriver"... it just can't be done on one CD.

    That's a good one, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Batdance? How could you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No. No Batdance. No. No. No.

    Egad, man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie, that would be illegal, so you are going to just have to make it yourself.

    Gina, yeah, Prince is one of the harder artists to try to boil down to 80 minutes. One of these days I'll get around to making vol. 2, and just maybe Batdance will make the cut, DVDguy.

    ReplyDelete