Saturday, November 11, 2006

Go Tell that Long Tongue Liar, Go and Tell that Midnight Rider


Usually I wait until I have a couple music videos to share for my occasional “Don’t Download These Videos” posts, but this here is a video that need to been seen right away nor shouldn't have to share the spotlight with lesser videos or artists.

God's Gonna Cut You Down - Johnny Cash

Yeah, the video could be a little pretentious with all the celebrity cameos, and you can sense early on that Bono would show up eventually, plus the into Kate Moss transition was befuddling as well as the dude I didn’t recognize who is air humping in the middle of the video (I’m thinking John Leguizamo and if anyone know for sure who this is or the black dude reading the bible in the limo near the beginning, let me know in the comments section please), you are wonder why Owen Wilson gets the last appearance with Rick Rubin, and it’s not quite as great as Hurt but nonetheless it still gave me chills. I do find it interesting that there are more rappers in the video than modern country music singers. But then again much like the only modern country act in video, the , got blacklisted from country radio turned their back on him a long time ago. Now even though it’s more than a month until I unveil my “Top 100 Songs of 2006” list, but God's Gonna Cut You Down is a lock to make the top ten, and if there was one recommendation you take from me, it’s to download this song. And as an added bonus here’s the video for Hurt (another song that should be in your library) courtesy of . You can download the video for God's Gonna Cut You Down here.

2 comments:

  1. *:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
    Remembering All Our Vets
    God Bless our Vets
    One and All
    *:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter who you are, or where life my take you...it's never to late to come back home. Teach your child in the way he should go and he shall not part from it!!

    ReplyDelete