Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Vote Early, Vote Often


To be honest I wasn’t planning on voting today but after receiving phone calls lately from Rudy Giuliani and Laura Bush I have changed my tune and will vote against anyone who called me or whatever candidate they were endorsing. Sorry Ken Blackwell, had your wife not ironically interrupted Pardon the Interruption yesterday, I totally would have voted for you. Granted good ol’ Kenny has the power to void, or outright change my ballot so it’s not like voting against him matters to him (Fun Fact: Blackwell replaced Jerry Springer as mayor of Cincinnati). Hopefully some other state has a major voting scandal so Ohio is now longer the poster child for voting fraud. Can’t Florida bring back the butterfly ballot? Now say what you want about the God-hating, baby-killing, terrorist-sympathizing, -watching Democrats, but at least they have yet to interrupt my television watching schedule.

In all seriousness, Election Tuesday is one of my favorite days of the years to the point where I treat it like a sporting event, grabbing a case of beer on my way home, lounge on the couch all night and cheer and boo appropriately. Luckily my class tonight is supposedly ending early so I should be getting home just in time for the early results to start pouring in. If the races are as close as the media would have us to believe, I may even tape Veronica Mars as not to miss anything. And long time readers know it takes a lot to drag me away from my favorite show on television.


On a non-political note, since it is Tuesday, we do get a few new albums released today, but looking at the lineup of releases today, it looks like the record companies are avoiding competing with the election with the collaboration between being the only new release of note today (look for a review later this week). In other music news, this week iTunes is giving away one of my favorite songs in recent memory, Smile by for free. If you remember I featured the video for the song a couple weeks ago (Don’t Download These Video vol III) and now if you click on her name, you will be directed to the page in iTunes where you can download the song at no cost. A great song for free, what more can you ask for? Just don't hold it against Lily that her song Take What You Take is the soundtrack to The CW's Aerie Tuesdays.


Lily Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment