Thursday, February 15, 2007

Lyrics Quiz: Seems I’m Not Alone at Being Alone


Yesterday was Valentines Day, or as some of us called it, Wednesday. And here is a lyrics quiz for those of you that didn’t do any celebrating yesterday. And let’s face it; the anti-love songs are much more entertaining than the lovey dovey ones anyways. So here are my favorite songs to put on when ever I’ve been wronged. No pansy Nick Lachey songs here folks, just pure vengeance ones (but in a moment of weakness I did dedicate What's Left of Me to an ex on the radio yesterday). As always leave your guesses in the comment section, both song title and artist. If you are correct, I will un-bold the lyric and give you credit. The person with the most correct lyrics will be added to the Winner’s list on my sidebar. Oh and a bonus point for the title of this quiz. Now on to the lyrics:


1. Give me my money back you (expletive deleted). I want my money back and don’t forget to give me back my black t-shirt. (Song for the Dumped - Ben Folds Five; guessed by Dara)
2. She was low down and trifling and she was cold and mean. Kind of evil make me want to grab my sub machine. (Delia's Gone - Johnny Cash; guessed by Kristi)
3. How can I put it, you put me on. I even fell for that stupid love song. (Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson; guessed by Dara)
4. It turns out he was a missing person that nobody missed at all. (Goodbye Earl - Dixie Chicks; guessed by Dara)
5. I’m going down to shoot my old lady; you know caught her messing ‘round with another man, and that ain’t too cool. (Hey Joe - Jimi Hendrix Experience; guessed by Kristi)
6. You didn’t know all the ways I loved you. So you took a chance, made other plan. I bet you didn’t think they would come crashing down. No. (Cry Me a River - Justin Timberlake; guessed by Dara)
7. You love her, but she loves him, and he loves somebody else, you just can’t win. (Love Stinks - J. Geils Band; guessed by Kristi)
8. Packing up, shacking up is all you want to do. If I could maybe I’d give you my world, open up everything is waiting for you. (Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac; guessed by Dara)
9. Weren’t you the one who tried to break me with desire? Did you think I’d crumble; did you think I’d break down and cry? (I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor; guessed by Dara)
10. Maybe I should rob somebody so we could live like Whitney and Bobby. (Used To Love U - John legend; guessed by Ashley)
11. Carved my name into his leather seats. Took a Louisville Slugger to both head lights. (Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood; guessed by Angie)
12. I gave all my money and my time. I know it's a shame but I'm giving you back your name. Guess I'll be on my way. I won't be back to stay. (Sail On - The Commodores; guesed by Kristi)
13. I got all your love letter I through them all away. I hear you think that I’m crazy. I’m driving 95 and I’m driving you away. I shine a little more lately. (In the Rough - Anna Nalick; guessed by Jules)
14. So go ahead and get gone. Call up that chick and see if she’s home. Oops. I bet you though that I didn’t know. What do you think I was putting you out for? (Irreplaceable - Beyoncé; guessed by Arielle)
15. You don’t really want anymore from me to make things right you need someone to hold you tight. And you think love is to pray but I’m sorry I don’t pray that way. (Tainted Love - Soft Cell; guessed by Dara)
16. Whenever you see me you say that you want me back. And I tell you that it don’t mean jack. (Smile - Lily Allen; guessed by Dara)
17. Broken heart again, another lesson learned. Better know your friends or else you will get burned. Got to count on me cause I can guarantee that I’ll be fine. (No More Drama - Mary J. Blige; guessed by Monique)
18. I wonder how I bought all the lies. You said that you would treat me right but you was just a waste of time. (Leave (Get Out) - JoJo; guessed by Angie)
19. You didn't know what Rock-n-Roll was until you met my drummer on a grey tour bus. (Once Bitten, Twice Shy - Great White; guessed by Dara)
20. You burn (expletive deleted), I heard the story. You played me; you even gave him (expletive deleted). Now you’re asking for me back, you’re just another hack. Look elsewhere cause you’re done with me. ((Expletive Deleted) It (I Don't Want You Back) - Eamon; guessed by Arielle)
21. I saw the surprise and the fear in his eyes when I took his glass of champagne, I toasted you, said, “Honey we may be threw but you’ll never hear me complain.” (Friends in Low Places - Garth Brooks; guessed by Dara)
22. You’ve got your dumb friends. I know what they say, they tell you I’m difficult but so are they. But they don’t know me, do they even know you? (My Happy Ending - Avril Lavigne; guessed by Dara)
23. I'd rather clean all the bathrooms in Grand Central Station with my tongue. (One More Minute - "Weird Al" Yankovic)
24. And it hurts to want everything and nothing at the same time. I want what's yours and I want what's mine. I want you but I'm not giving in this time. (Goodbye to You - Michelle Branch; guessed by Dara)
25. You're a loaded gun. There's nowhere to run. No one can save me the damage is done. (You Give Love a Bad Name - Bon Jovi; guessed by Dara)

Bonus. Seems I'm not alone at being alone. (Message in a Bottle - The Police; guessed by Dara)


10 comments:

  1. 1. Ben Folds Five, Song for the Dumped.
    3. Kelly Clarkson, Since You've Been Gone
    4. Dixie Chicks, Goodbye Earl
    6. Justin Timberlake, Cry Me A River
    8. Fleetwood Mac, Go Your Own Way
    9. Gloria Gaynor, I Will Survive
    15. Soft Cell, Tainted Love
    19. Great White, Once Bitten Twice Shy
    21. Garth Brooks, Friends In Low Places
    22. Avril Lavigne, My Happy Ending
    24. Michelle Branch, Goodbye To You
    25. Bon Jovi, You Give Love A Bad Name

    And the bonus point: The Police, Message in a Bottle

    (And for the record, I laughed out loud at the Nick Lachey/Veronica Mars reference!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11 is Before He Cheats~Carrie Underwood

    18 is Jo Jo~Leave(get out) god, why do I know that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the song for #7, but I have no idea who originally did it. Darn it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2. Delia's Gone, Johnny Cash
    5. Hey Joe, Jimi Hendrix
    7. Love Stinks, J. Geils Band
    12. Sail On, The Commodores (Lionel Richie)
    23. One More Minute, Weird Al Yankovic

    ReplyDelete
  6. 13. In The Rough - Anna Nalick (Great song..)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 17 -- No More Drama by Mary J Blige

    ReplyDelete
  8. #16 is Smile by Lily Allen. I should have gotten that one right away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 10. john legend-used to love you

    ReplyDelete
  10. 14. Beyonce - Irreplaceable
    20. It's Eamon - Don't want you back

    ReplyDelete