Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Scooter McGavin’s Solution to the Writer’s Strike


In a story I broke this weekend, the Writer’s Guild has gone on strike an quite frankly, I could care less. Well that was until I came up with a solution to keep some of the shows on the air: Hire scabs, and by hire scabs I mean hire me to write for your shows. Best case scenario I can take a sinking ships like Heroes (and shows that have yet to get afloat like Bionic Woman) and turn them around. Worst case scenario the shows continue their downward spiral they were already on. And even then there can be some positive can come out of it because you can film my debacle for a reality show that you can air instead of repeats.

Before you laugh at my proposition to write for a show, let me mention that I wrote three well received short plays in college as well as rewrote a play I was in that also happened to land me a Best Actor award. So in addition to writing I could also up the great acting quota on a show like Heroes (which definitely needs it) where I could be, for instance, Elle’s boyfriend (assuming she is still around, seriously Heroes, characters on your show disappear faster than my friends when the check comes). I even came up with a cool ability where dude can enter other people’s bodies and control them.

I hate to pick on Heroes, okay maybe not, but the show would be so easy to fix. All you have to do is have Hiro go back to the lackluster showdown of the season finale where he does what needs to be done, put a bullet in Peter’s brain to keep him from exploding than have a massive fight with Sylar involving all the heroes that were in the plaza, Matt and Jessica of course would end up being casualties. Then since the present would have chanced so much, we can forget anything that happened this season ever happened. And since Peter is dead, Elle wouldn’t have to go to Ireland and she would have more time to have dirty, dirty sex with her boyfriend.

Seriously, who couldn’t get behind that idea? So if you are a network executive, shout me a holla as I have much more ideas roaming around my head for different shows. This offer is not valid for Friday Night Lights because certainly there is no way I could improve that show.

5 comments:

  1. dude, if you get the call, bring me with you. i could easily fix Bionic in about a day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have a plan for Bionic Woman too but I decided to save that post for a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought Heroes didn't hire writers? how else to explain this year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only show I worry about is my beloved FNL.

    Survivor isn't scripted...well, not much..so no worries there.

    I can live without everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vance - I'm sure they have writers, but it may be that they employed the Family Guy manatee writers this season.

    Angie - I'm in the same boat as you, when I heard of the strike my only thought was, "Hopefully the FNL writers cross the picket lines." The other shows I can certainly live without.

    ReplyDelete