Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The 9th Green’s Readers Favorite Songs of 2007


Before I get to your favorite songs of the year I first want to mention that just before Christmas I had ordered a gift for someone through Amazon and among the usual spam advertising slips that they stuff into their boxes there was an envelope where you can place old cell phones to send to the troops. So if you got a new cell phone for Christmas or are just like me and is a pack rat who keeps everything for no reason and had three just lying around collecting dust, please check out this website: Cell Phones for Soldiers to see where you can send any of your unused cell phones. They say the phone can be in any condition and don’t even need to still have a battery.

Last year was the first time I ever let you my readers influences the 9th Green (aside from the occasional pandering for comments) and this year I got four times more responses than last. Thanks to each and everyone who took time to compile your favorite songs of the year to make this list possible. With the more responses I think this ended up being a better list for the most part than last year. This year Rihanna was as close to consensus as it got this year being the only artist appearing on more than half of the lists I received. Keep in mind this list is solely your opinions and I in no way influenced it as I will be unveiling my favorite 100 songs of the year coming this Sunday. But here are your favorites:


1. Umbrella - Rihanna featuring Jay-Z

2. Stronger - Kanye West

3. Rehab - Amy Winehouse

4. Young Folks - Peter Bjorn and John

5. The Way I Are - Timbaland featuring Keri Hilson and D.O.E.

6. Radio Nowhere - Bruce Springsteen

7. 1234 - Feist

8. What Goes Around.../...Comes Around - Justin Timberlake

9. Again & Again - The Bird and the Bee

10. U + Ur Hand - P!nk

11. Love Song - Sarah Bareilles

12. Roc Boys (And The Winner Is)... - Jay-Z

13. Bonafied Lovin - Chromeo

14. It's Not Over - Daughtry

15. Hey There Delilah - Plain White T's

16. Lost - Michael Bublé

17. Must Be the Moon - !!!

18. Icky Thump - The White Stripes

19. Makes Me Wonder - Maroon 5

20. Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne

21. The Ain't a Scene, it's an Arms Race - Fall Out Boy

22. Where I Stood - Missy Higgins

23. Stranger - Hilary Duff

24. Apologize - OneRepublic and Timbaland

25. The Man - Pete Yorn

No comments:

Post a Comment