Saturday, December 22, 2007

Worst Albums of 2007


Since I have been completing my favorite songs of the year list for over a decade, thought out the years I hear five or songs and think, there a potential overall number one for this year. The thing is, this year not one song that came out that made me think that making me wonder if 2007 could be the worst year for music in my lifetime overtaking 1999. That was until I started compiling this list of the worst albums of the year and noticed that there were not that many bad albums. This year only two albums garnered the Low Terror Alert level compared with five last year (plus Paris Hilton who is still the only artist to get the elusive Terror Alert Black), and six the year before.

This could also be because there just seemed to be a lot less music period this year. Last year I reviewed about a hundred albums but this year just over fifty got reviewed. But looking over potential songs that will make the top 100 songs of the year, there does seem to be an overabundance of good songs, just not any great ones. In face, the fiftieth best song this year may be the best fiftieth song of all time. So I am ready to declare 2007 the Most Mediocre Year Ever.

With that said, there are a few albums that need to be noted for their unlistenablity. Here are the worst of the worst album that I reviewed in the past five months. If you are interested in reading my original review, click the link below the album, the album link goes to iTunes if you enjoy torture.


1. Blackout - Britney Spears
Musings from the Back 9: 90's Disposable Pop Edition

2. Curtis - 50 Cent
No More Platinum, I'm Wearing Gold

3. Jordin Sparks - Jordin Sparks
I Can't Waste Time so Give it a Moment

4. Underclass Hero - Sum 41
I'm a Voice to Offend

5. Shock Value - Timbaland
I've Been Killin em with These Beats

6. Katharine McPhee - Katharine McPhee
I Want This to Be Over, I So Want This to Be Through

7. Dignity - Hilary Duff
You Wanna Know Why I Look Sad and Lonely

8. Taking Chances - Céline Dion
I Had My Heart Beaten Down but I Always Come Back for More

9. Double Up - R. Kelly
Man, it’s Three’s Company, Call Me Jack Tripper

10. My December - Kelly Clarkson
You're Going Crazy, Running on Empty

11. Spider-Man 3 Soundtrack
Musings from the Back 9: Music Edition vol. V

12. Unbreakable - Backstreet Boys
Musings from the Back 9: 90's Disposable Pop Edition vol. II

13. Zeitgeist - Smashing Pumpkins
Despite All My Rage I am Still Just a Rat in a Cage

14. Good Girl Gone Bad - Rihanna
Now that it's Raining More than Ever

15. Infinity on High - Fall Out Boy
Long Live the Car Crash Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment