Monday, June 09, 2008

Do the Dew


SuperNovaAsk and you shall receive. Not long after mentioning that if anyone sends me free food I would shamelessly mention their project when The Closer sent me cookies did I receive a box of Mountain Dew. In a measure of full disclosure, I stopped drinking pop (or as Jo likes to call it, soda) around college and stopped drinking Mountain Dew around high school when I first heard the urban legend of what the pop does to a man’s manhood. But since the new Dew do not have the infamous yellow dye that is rumored to have the side effect I went ahead and gave it a try because it id free and I’m shameless.

VoltageJust a little back story, last November Mountain Dew let its drinkers create the next Mountain Dew choosing the flavor, color, logo and label through a series of online games. But if American Karaoke has taught us anything, letting people vote isn’t the way to success (the show has produced much more flops than actual idols) so we are suck with such silly names as Voltage, Revolution, and Supernova, instead of simpler, more descriptive names like Raspberry Citrus, Wild Berry Fruit, and Strawberry Melon, which is what the flavors of each of the drinks are respectively. And apparently the internet loves ginseng because each drink has it.

RevolutionBeing that each drink has some sort of “berry” in it, the flavors don’t taste too much different, but I would give the slight edge to Supernova with Voltage in a close second. None of these drink will get back to drinking pop full time, but any would be a nice change of pace from the usually Coke/Pepsi you find at most cookouts and the like. But who cares what I think, since all the cans hit the shelves earlier this month, you can give each try yourself and then go to DEWmocracy.com and vote your favorite, with the lead vote getter becoming a permanent flavor at the end of the summer.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha well in Texas, everything is generically called 'coke' but I figured that would just confuse people, so I said soda.

    So I kinda don't like the original formula. at all. is it worth trying these? they are just getting cold in my fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I really do not like the orginal formula for reasons stated above, but the new flavors are drinkable.

    ReplyDelete