Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Feed Your iPod vol. XXVI: Bold as Love


Seems like everyone I know owns The Ultimate Experience yet no one owns a Jimi Hendrix studio album. I understand how daunting getting into an artist that died before you were even born and I have a large collection of Greatest Hits myself as the lone album I own by that artist. But the thing with Hendrix is that he only released three studio albums all of which are must owns. But if you want to start small, my favorite non-ultimate Experience track is Bold of Love. Unfortunately when I searched for the song on YouTube all I found were hacks butchering the song in their basements or live versions with crappy audio. So I have to go with a John Mayer version, but defiantly hunt down the Hendrix version.

Bold as Love - John Mayer John Mayer - Where the Light Is - John Mayer Live In Los Angeles - Bold As Love (Live)



1 comment:

  1. Excellent song choice! One of Hendrix's best guitar solos. I would also recommend "Machine Gun" from the Band of Gypsys album.

    I own all three Experience studio albums, plus a few other Hendrix discs. There are many out there - compilations, live albums, etc. There's even a box set for those who just can't get enough.

    ReplyDelete