Friday, February 20, 2009

I Want My Music Television vol. XLIV


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I though I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.

I Love College - Asher Roth



I never thought anyone would ever beat out Puff Daddy for most inappropriate sample ever when he turned a song about stalking (Every Breathe You Take) into a song about a fallen friend (I'll Be Missing You), but Asher Roth now wins that title taking Weezer's song about an absentee father (Say it Ain't So) and flip it into a party jam. Yet I cannot hate on a dude for starting a song "I wanna go to college for the rest of my life." I feel you bro. Except who has enough money to drink Miller Lite? Natty Lite is the beer of college.


Welcome to Heartbreak - Kanye West



As proven by his attempt at singing, Kanye West is proving to be too ambitious for his own good. Like in his new video where which looks like when my cable box starts to read the cable bad and gets that off color, streaming effect. Instead of going off to work in the fashion industry, Kanye needs to go back to college and rediscover his roots. And destroy his auto tuner.


Love, Save the Empty - Erin McCarley



I may have my man card revoked for writing this but He's Just Not That Into You looks almost watchable, not that I am rushing to the cinema to watch it. Granted when I say it looks watchable I am really only talking about the scenes with Ginnifer Goodwin and the Mac Guy in an Ed reunion. The other parts look like your token romantic comedy drivel. For more on Eric McCarley, check out my review of her debut album: You Hold Your Head Up to the Sky and Say What Kind of Blue Are You.


He's Frank - The BPA featuring Iggy Pop



I can typically get behind videos with puppets, and the last video from The BPA landed at number one of the Best Videos of 2008, but the Iggy Pop puppet just scares me a little. Of course the real one kind of has the same affect on me so I guess the video works on that level.

No comments:

Post a Comment