Sunday, April 05, 2009

57 Channels and Only This Is On vol. LXXIV


Kings: There are very few times I have been watching Lost and just got completely, well, lost, yet I don’t remember how many time during the early going of the show I have found myself scratching my head and wondering just what exactly was going on. You can stream current episodes over at NBC.com. You can also download Kings on iTunes.

The Big Bang Theory: I am beginning to think that the producers of the show have my crib wired because you can add computing in the air to the list of things Sheldon and I have in common. You can stream current episodes over at Innertube. You can also download The Big Bang Theory on iTunes.

Chuck: So the General was worried that Chuck was falling in love with Sarah so she brings in other absurdly hot chick to replace her. Sadly that sound exactly how are government usually solves problems. Had Sarah actually gone back to Langley like she was supposed to, she probably would have been greeted with a multimillion bonus for being incompetent. Or many that is how she got that car. You can stream current episodes over at NBC.com. You can also download Chuck on iTunes.

How I Met Your Mother: Speaking of shows that may be spying on me, I can’t count the number of times I have said “I’m getting too old for this ish” over the past half decade. Granted I was too lazy to put all of them down in list form. You can stream current episodes over at Innertube. You can also download How I Met Your Mother on iTunes.

I Love Money: How dumb do you have to be to be called the dumbest player in the history of VH1 reality show and to have It of all people sing a song about how stupid you are? You can also download I Love Money on iTunes.

100 Greatest One Hit Wonders of the 80’s: When I first heard VH1 was doing this countdown I though how could they find that many. But not only did I recognize about 90% of the songs and half are actually on my iPod. Granted I can grip about the ranking and how some are not legit one hit wonder (c’mon, Twisted Sister had a second hit, I Wanna Rock anyone?).

Trust Me: With the twofer this week it is hard not to think how much better the season would have been if they were more like these two episodes. I guess beer is more interesting than cell phones. You can also download Trust Me on iTunes.

Lost: I’m glad we got a Back to the Future reference this week because for me, that is the gold standard when it comes to time travel. And Hurley and Miles Who’s on First routine was the best meeting of the minds on the show thus far. While Ben being revived to become “one of us” as Richard Alpert put it, adds credence to my theory as to why he and Locke aren’t flashing now. But that still leaves Sun and Lapidus. You can stream current episodes over at ABC.com.

Lost on iTunes


Survivor: Yet another season where the Token Hot Chick doesn’t make it to the jury. Guess it is time to pour out some Cristal and cue up It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday. You can stream current episodes over at Innertube.

Survivor on iTunes


Friday Night Lights: One of the many things that puts the show head and shoulders above the rest is the amount of great monologues on Friday Night Lights from Coach’s halftime and postgame speeches to Tyra’s carried confession to her college essay. Although I am a little scared of what could possibly be coming next week now that the playoffs are over. I have a feeling redistricting won’t be going smoothly. You can stream current episodes over at NBC.com.

Friday Night Lights on iTunes


DogTown: If you are interested in the dogs featured this week, you can check out their profiles on the Best Friends website. Click the link to go to their specific page. Ava (the golden retriever whose paw got caught in a bear trap), Haley and Hana (the Ethiopia refugees), and Hugo (the biting bloodhound).

You can also check out my First Impressions of Greek and the latest round of Playing the Percentages.



No comments:

Post a Comment