Monday, August 24, 2009

Feed Your iPod vol. XXXIV: Mass Appeal


My buddy Doug cued me on a project he is doing to find ever song DJ Premier ever produced which is a pretty lofty task. For those that are wondering, “Who is DJ Premier?” he is the production half of the seminal rap group Gang Starr. And for those who are wondering, “Who is Gang Starr?” – shame on you. I used “seminal” for a reason. Here is a primer for those that don’t know, Mass Appeal which coincidentally was probably the group’s biggest hit.

Mass Appeal – Gang Starr Gang Starr - Hard to Earn - Mass Apeal



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out.
    Wow..It must have been hard to pick just one Gang Starr song to post. (I would have an impossible time choosing between Mass Appeal and Dwyck)

    If any of your readers are interested in a copy of this massive project, I'd be more than happy to share.
    Email me at dougjacobson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply just went with the Gang Starr song that was most played on my iTunes. I also liked the irony that their aurgueably biggest hit was one that too aim at Mass Appeal kind of like EPMD with Crossover. And wo groups that really need to be reconized by VH1's Hip Hop Honors.

    ReplyDelete