Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I Want My Music Television vol. LXII


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


Goodnight, Travel Well – The Killers



UNICEF, MTV and The Killers teamed up this thought provoking video to shed the light on human trafficking. Hopefully since they are involved, MTV actually shows the video sometime other than times when normal people are not sleeping.


Fugitive – David Gray



Back in 2000, I would have pegged David Gray to end up being one of the artists of the decade. As we close out the ’00 that sadly didn’t turn out to be the case aside from my own record collection as most people were turned off by his dark turn on A Day After Midnight. But still color me excited for Draw the Line out next month.


Melody – Kate Earl



iTunes use to find a lot of gems with their weekly free Single of the Week, but this year has been mostly misses. But that turned around this week where you can get this song from Kate Earl for the low price of nothing. As long as the banner below is of Earl, you can still get it for free. As for the song itself, I love the subtle doo-wop in the middle of the song.

Kate Earl free on iTunes



Relator – Pete Yorn and Scarlett Johansson



Pete Yorn and Scarlett Johansson teamed up for an album, so, um, yeah, that happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment