Wednesday, October 07, 2009

I Want My Music Television vol. LXV


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


You and Me – Dave Matthews Band



Ask me on the right day and I say this is my favorite Dave Matthews Band song off their latest album. And this video just looks cool with all the additions to the band as the song progresses.


How I Got Over – The Roots



When The Roots signed on to be Jimmy Fallon’s house band that we would get less music from the band. But maybe being tied to one place means more albums with How I Got Over coming later this year. Speaking of The Roots night job, one byproduct is some awesome collaborations including the recent one where they backed Christopher Cross and Michael McDonald. I think I can die in peace now.


I and Love and You – The Avett Brothers



I best summed up this song from The Avett Brothers when I reviewed the album yesterday (see If You’re Loved by Somebody You’re Never Rejected), “with all due respect to Jay-Z and Mos Def, I and Love and You is the best ode to Brooklyn since the Beastie Boys refused to sleep until they got there.” You can also the song for free over at Spinner.com.


Life Is Better – Q-Tip and Norah Jones



When did Norah Jones become the go to hook singer for rappers? An odd composition from Q-Tip with just one verse that just name drops his favorite rappers that doesn’t even start until a minute and a half of Jones crooning. I like it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment