Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Feed Your iPod vol. XLVIII: Tequila


My buddy Doug knows every obscure song ever made (remember Deeper Shade of Soul by the Urban Dance Squad? No? Well he does) or at least I thought he did until I finally stumped him the other day when I brought up A.L.T. and the Lost Civilization and their early nineties ode to alcohol Tequila which sampled The Champs song of the same name (which everyone in my generation will know best as the Pee Wee Herman song). I figure if Doug doesn’t remember the song most of you out there never have either, and that has to be rectified because the song is just cheesy goodness and should be right up there with Skee-Lo in the terms of great nineties one hit wonder rap songs.

Tequila – A.L.T. and the Lost Civilization Tequila



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the plug.
    Of course I recognized the Pee Wee Herman song right away, and I'm surprised I don't remember this rap song that sampled it.
    Thanks for enlightening me.

    ReplyDelete