Wednesday, July 07, 2010

I Want My Music Television vol. LXXXVI


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


King of Anything - Sara Bareilles



I wonder if King of Anything will be like You're So Vain where we are guessing the identity of the person in the song for the next three decades. My guess: Kanye West.


Sign Of A Victory (feat. Soweto Spiritual Singers) - R. Kelly



No one does an over the top inspirational anthem quite like R. Kelly. Whe dude goes all out, he really goes all out. I do not know why he doesn’t just release a straight gospel album. Well first he needs to give us more chapters from Trapped In the Closet (Chapters 1-12) - R. Kelly, then make a gospel album Kells.


Hot-n-Fun - N.E.R.D. & Nelly Furtado



Wow, that Nelly Furtado part is kind of jarring and takes you out of a pretty otherwise mellow song from N.E.R.D.


Popcorn - The Muppets



The Muppets have a new video out. Um, alright.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, the Swedish Chef. I love the muppets. As a kid (yes, I am older than dirt) I watched the muppet show. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do kids no longer watch the Muppets anymore these days? If not, that is a shame.

    ReplyDelete