Sunday, November 14, 2010

57 Channels and Only This Is On vol. CLVI


The Walking Dead: I kept on waiting the whole episode for that grenade Rick picked up to come into play (I wonder why he never tried to find the keys to the tank?); I thought he might toss it down the ladder when he realized the Walkers might climb up. I thought he might use it in the front of the department store with all the Walker broke through the first window. I thought he might use it on the grate in the sewers. I thought he would use that as the distraction as they went to get the truck. But in never came into play. Hopefully we have a good pay off with the grenade.

I thought while watching the credits this week, if these were in fact spoilers. Is it safe to assume that those that didn’t make the title sequence are essentially redshirts for the zombies to eat? Thankfully none of the actors have much name recognition so I really do not know who cast members are and who are just supporting actors. You can download The Walking Dead on iTunes.

How I Met Your Mother: So Barney finally get the name of his father in the same episode we meet Zoey’s father husband. Not that I really cared much about either as I kept hoping the whole episode would be Ted saying “wieners”. You can stream recent episodes over at cbs.com. You can also download How I Met Your Mother on iTunes.

The Event: What the frack was with that ending? I think that creeped me out more than anything on The Waking Dead this week. But anyway. Didn’t Sterling have a picture of Thomas, how didn’t he recognize him in the elevator. Wasn’t his flashback about how he was going to pay attention to detail to everything, how he missed an alien standing right next to him. And what is with the promo about finally learning who tried to assassinate the president? Don’t we already know it was Hal Holbrook and his shady cabal? And how did his crony go from a broken leg held at gun point by a Federal Agent to standing on two legs free? Did I miss something? You can stream recent episodes on Hulu. You can also download The Event on iTunes.

Castle: Wow, that was the least sad I have ever seen anyone who had just been told their pet ran away. I know as a guy I have been more lenient to a big butt and a smile than I should, but I would be very happy if some token hot chick lost one of my pets, I’d at the very least want some tears before I even considered accepting an apology. You can stream recent episodes on Hulu. You can also download Castle on iTunes.

Parenthood: Just as I predicted, Patty Pryor and Vince Howard hooked up and it was as creepy as I expected. You can stream recent episodes on Hulu. You can also download Parenthood on iTunes.

Sons of Anarchy: I can’t believe they let the incest go as far as they did, but I guess I should not expect that Sons of Anarchy will not step over the preverbal line considering just earlier in the episode they went all Hostel on one of the characters. You can stream recent episodes on Hulu. You can also download Sons of Anarchy on iTunes.

Survivor: Nicaragua: It has been pretty clear that they decided to cast a whole group of Russell’s and this season is suffering greatly. I’m hoping the teaser was a meteor that killed half the tribe which means they will have to end this season early. And hopefully the next season isn’t the much rumored Russell vs. Boston Rob season. Of course if Survivor were to ever bring back Russell how do you not vote him off the first tribal he goes to? You can stream recent episodes over at cbs.com.

Survivor on iTunes


Terriers: It has been song long since they mentioned it, I almost forgot the overarching plot. And they brought it back with a vengeance with that reporter poking into that land developer. Though I do not understand why Hank presented himself to the guy afterward, seems like a risky proposition considering his henchmen is good at concealing murder. And it was nice seeing the Nerds of Dooms back again as the worst kidnappers ever. You can stream recent episodes on Hulu. You can also download Terriers on iTunes.

The Challenge: Cutthroat: Who would’ve guessed that MTV would have a stronger concussion policy than the NFL? You can stream recent episodes on MTV.com. You can also download The Challenge: Cutthroat on iTunes.

The Big Bang Theory: I have never been a fan of a female version of Sheldon, but Amy continually checking out Wikipedia for things to do at a slumber party was pretty hilarious, especially when she tried lesbian activities.

Community: I do not know what a bottle episode is and I do not care what a bottle episode is, I am just disappointed I had to see Chevy Chase in his underwear, but Annie never stepped out from behind the desk. You can stream current episodes on Hulu. You can also download Community on iTunes.

Outsourced: India really needs more holidays where Charlie can shoot off his guns in the streets. You can stream current episodes on Hulu. You can also download Outsourced on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment