Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Previewing Backwash


The cast of Backwash

People ask me why I blog and it is quite simple: for the chick and swag. And recently I received the weirdest piece of swag ever: a sausage stuffed into a sock. No euphemism, actual edible meat in a lone sock. Needless to say my interest was piqued. The accompanying screener was for the new webseries Backwash that premiered earlier this week on Crackle.

The series follows three slackers, Michael Ian Black (VH1’s I Love the…), Joshua Malina (Sports Night), and Michael Panes (Confessions of a Shopaholic) who inadvertently rob a bank (spoiler alert: it involves a sausage wrapped in a sock) and of course hilarity ensues. Each episode features a new narrator which includes John Hamm, Ken Marino, Jeffery Ross and many others.

Backwash is irreverent and is reminiscent of old Three Stooges type absurdness with a modern bent and is worth the seven minutes if you have the time to watch it. You can find Backwash on Crackle, the first three episodes are up now with a new episode premiering every Monday and Wednesday through December 20, 2010. You can follow Crackle on Twitter and Facebook. Now I need to figure out what to do with my solitary sock now that I have eaten my sausage.

4 comments:

  1. "Ensures" or "ensues?"

    "Irrelevant" or "irreverent?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. The latter in both cases. These things happen when you rely solely on Microsoft Word as your editor. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess we could have sent you another sock - seems kind of mean that you are tempted with only one nice warm, winter sock ;)

    Thanks for posting

    Chad
    Community Manager, Crackle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luckily I have plenty of stray socks to pair this with when I am in a pinch. And at least the sausage was tasty.

    Thanks Chad.

    ReplyDelete