Monday, December 13, 2010

I Want My Music Television vol. XCVII


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


Kush – Dr Dre featuring Snoop Dogg and Akon



Much like when we got our first listen to Chinese Democracy, it is hard not hear this song and think, we waited a whole decade for this? And why did Dr. Dre taint one of songs with Akon and auto-tune? Dre sets trends, he doesn’t follow them. Granted had this been released in 2002 without Akon, I would have loved this.


Hold My Hand - Michael Jackson with Akon



Speaking of Akon ruining songs, this happened. Not that it would have been much better without him. Count me with the Jackson family in saying they should have kept Michael Jackson’s unfinished work in the vault.


Pyro – Kings of Leon



This may be the lamest slo-mo fight ever in the history of slow motion. I do not what Kings of Leon is trying to say with this video, but I do not care enough to study it more than the one viewing.


Boots - The Killers



And now some holiday cheer courtesy of The Killers. Actually I am not sure if I am uplifted or depressed for have seen this.

No comments:

Post a Comment