I have gotten a plethora of cool press releases have been flooding my inbox recently that you may find interesting. This post will include blurbs on the World Cup, ScatterTunes, Ice Road Truckers, American Pickers, Blacksocks, Johnny B. Homeless, and Friday Night Lights.
- World Cup starts today and there have been plenty of great commercials celebrating the event and Dodge Challenger (which just launched its Facebook page) is going to feature a game specific ad for tomorrow’s Revolutionary War rematch between the United States and England. Here is a sneak peak of what you can expect tomorrow when the full ad airs.
- If you are looking for non-stop online coverage of the World Cup, try Terra.com.
- For the gamblers out there, Spain is currently the favorites according to Bookmaker.com at +385 (21%) with Brazil close behind at +400 (20%). Head over there for all the wacky bets too like Total Red Cards which they have the Over/Under at 18.5.
- For those like me that still prefer CD’s to MP3 because you like to leaf though the booklet while listening to your new purchase, there is a new way to listen to music called ScatterTunes. They come in two forms, V-Albums and V-Wraps (for those that alright bought some songs from a certain album) both feature the highest-quality (320kbps), non-DRM MP3 tracks (which means you can play them in iTunes and any mp3 player), multi-page digital booklets, liner notes, photos, lyrics, videos and other bonus materials. For those that want to test this about before actually buying it, the site is giving away 100,000 free Taylor Swift Fearless – Platinum Edition V-Wraps (they were still available as lof last night; keep in mind this is pretty worthless unless you have already bought songs from the album). Including Swift, just added include Jewel's Sweet and Wild and Sweet and Wild (Deluxe Edition), Justin Moore's Justin Moore, and Reba McEntire's Keep On Loving You.
- New episode of Ice Road Truckers at 9:00 this Sunday on History. Here is synopsis: “Failing trailer brakes and trash talk over the CB threaten to derail Lisa's comeback. Newcomer Greg races to reignite his rivalry with Jack, before a devastating wreck slams the brakes on Greg's need for speed. In the meantime, with a damaged fuel tank to deliver, Jack isn't giving up the load-count crown without a fight. Alex tries to build on his lead on Hugh, but treacherous conditions send him to the edge of disaster. Hugh "the Polar Bear" Rowland returns to Alaska at last and has to face down his other haul road nemesis: chaining up. Engine troubles leave rookie driver Ray Veilleux broken down, and all alone, in twenty-below temperatures.” If you need to catch up on the previous season, Ice Road Truckers: The Complete Season 3 was released earlier this week on blu-ray and is currently cheaper than the DVD version (which I may have more on at a later date).
- Another History show new to DVD is American Pickers: The Complete Season One. “In small towns, and along America's back roads, treasures are waiting to be uncovered--valuable relics from our history that are hidden in junk piles, buried in barns and stacked in garages. It takes experts to find them...and turn rust to riches.”
- Need a last minute gift idea for Father’s Day? Try Blacksocks.com which features, well just as the website suggests from ski to athletic socks. They also have underwear and shirts available too.
- I have mentioned it before, but just a reminder, the premiere of the Keenan Thompson featuring web series Johnny B Homeless this coming Tuesday on Atom.com. The show will also be featured on Atom TV, the half hour late night series on Comedy Central.
For those that need a 2 minute replay from last week’s terrific episode of Friday Night Light, here you go: