Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I Want My Music Television - 1/18/11


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.

Back to December – Taylor Swift



I though the ten degrees and a foot of snow were bad here in Northeast Ohio, but at least the snow hasn’t come indoors like Casa de Taylor Swift. Though I am not entirely sure what is going on with random dude walking across small town winter landscape.


Rolling In the Deep - ADELE



I get the feeling the production crew just asked for three random situation and they came up with dude fighting in a room full of chalk, someone breaking dinnerware, a room full of glasses, and a drummer playing in a corner. To which the director goes, “not random enough.” “well how about adding miniature city going up in flames,” “brilliant, film it.” Ladies and gentlemen, ADELE’s latest video.


Monster – Kanye West featuring Rick Ross, Jay-Z, and Nicki Minaj



It looks like Kanye West was also a fan of The Walking Dead, and sadly, Twilight. And I wonder when someone is going to point out that Jay-Z just latches on to great beats and really hasn’t spit a great verse since his un-retirement.


Radio - Raphael Saadiq



Not sure what is with the metallic Lady Gaga looking person, but I am excited for the new Raphael Saadiq album.

No comments:

Post a Comment