Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I Want My Music Television - 2/16/11


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.

Howlin’ for You – The Black Keys



Seriously, if Robert Rodriquez can turn a trailer he made for Grindhouse in the full length feature Machete, how about turning this Black Keys music video into feature film. I’d plop down money for the blu-ray just to see more of Sir Todd Bridges as a preacher.


Good Man - Raphael Saadiq



Ooo, Raphael Saadiq goes dark. Speaking of music videos that need to be turned a motion picture, someone create a Blaxplotation film to put this song on because it would make the best soundtrack since Curtis Mayfield.


White Limo – Foo Fighters



I do not know about the new Foo Fighters song or the homage to Journey’s Separate Ways video but the awesomeness of the video can be summed up in one word: Lemmy!!!


And lastly, here is my favorite performance from this year’s Grammy awards.



And for your downloading pleasures, here are the studio versions of the songs performed in order:

The Cave – Mumford and Sons
Head Full of Doubt / Road Full of Promise – The Avett Brothers
Maggie's Farm – Bob Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment