Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I Want My Music Television - 2/23/11


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


All of the Lights – Kanye West



My eyes hurt now, thanks Kanye. Odd that Kanye can get twenty different singers to go all the way to Hawaii to sing one line or less, but could only get two to show up in the video.


Mine Smell Like Honey - R.E.M.



Speaking of headache inducing music videos, here is another one from R.E.M.


Bodies – Cee-Lo Green



A creepy theme to begin with but the showing the video via pictures just makes it creepier, and I mean that as a compliment Cee-Lo. And poor Common, gets killed for his shades and doesn’t even get a mention in the opening credit.


Single Girls - Laura Jansen



Weird chalk outline boyfriend aside, I find this song by newbie Laura Jansen very sweet and melancholy even if Bruno Mars did the cassette tape outline a couple months. What is with the cassette comeback? I haven’t used one in about a decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment