Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I Want My Music Television - 7/12/11


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.

Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall - Coldplay



Coldplay Wang Chungs tonight!!! But serious guys, how about a seizer warning before this video?


Best I Never Had – Beyoncé



No better way to divert the attention of mediocre reception to your latest album than to open up your video with you wearing very thin lingerie. Touché Beyoncé. (Though I still think 4 is her strongest album, see You a Bad Girl and Your Friends Bad Too)


Dance Without You - Skylar Grey



I think I am the only one who knew Skylar Grey as Holly Brook when she made dark folksy music. Then came a name change and high profile guest spots on rap hooks from the likes of Dr. Dre. And now it sounds like she is still making dark folksy music seen through the prism of Trent Reznor. I guess I will have to wait for a full album until I decide which I like better.


Up Up Up - Givers




If you are like me and spend nights wondering stuff like if Rusted Root and Vampire Weekend managed to have a kid and raise her My Two Dads style (which begs the question, when is Hollywood going to get around to making a My Two Dads reboot?), what would she sound like? I present to you Givers. You’re welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment