Monday, September 19, 2011

I Want My Music Television - 9/19/11


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


What You Want - Evanescence



Rock is slowly dying to the point that I am almost looking forward to the new Evanescence album. And from the first single, it sounds like they are going heavier than their last one. But someone should have told Amy Lee in the five years since she last recorded an album, the raccoon eyes have gone out of style.


Body and Soul - Tony Bennett & Amy Winehouse




Is it wrong when I see Amy Winehouse in this video I can’t help but think she looks like an extra from Jersey Shore? Too soon?


Even if I Don’t – Rachael Yamagata



It is weird to think of her decade long career, Rachael Yamagata has yet to rack up a hit yet. Even though she makes solid videos, she has not made that one ultra catchy song that her peers manage to write. Of course if this were the nineties, this would be the type of video that would have gotten overplayed on MTV enough to make it a hit. Awe, I mss those days.


Young Blood - The Naked and Famous



I was going to post The Naked and Famous new video for The Sun but it lived up to at least half the band’s name and I could not find an edited so I will take this time to share their older song Young Blood which had it not been for Foster the People, would have won the Peter Bjorn and John Award for catchiest indie pop song of the summer. It is really hard to beat a song out for that award that features a whistle solo.

No comments:

Post a Comment