Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I Want My Music Television - 11/16/11


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.

Girl Panic – Duran Duran



Sure Duran Duran created the whole models in music videos scene, but how about casting some that are not current members of AARP? Each of them were featured in major music videos that came out in 1990. That is over two decades ago. Then again that is right around the time they had their last hit so the models of today may not even know who Duran Duran is.


Monarchy of Roses – Red Hot Chili Peppers



Sure the new Red Hot Chili Peppers video kind of looks like the a-ha video sans an actual storyline, but still it look pretty cool.


Call It What You Want - Foster the People



I am all for nonsensical music videos as much as the next pretentious music fan, but seriouslyFoster the People: what the frack is this?


Work Out - J Cole



Last week I called J Cole’s participation in the new Beyoncé video pretty bland, but as for his own music is anything but, for at least this song. I am not sure what is more bizarre: building a beat from the outro to California Love or the Paula Abdul quotes throughout the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment