Sunday, January 29, 2012

57 Channels and Only This Is On - 1/29/12


Once Upon a Time: Seriously, Stealthy? I guess it should not have been a surprised that he did not make it to the end of the episode. But that was not even the most absurd plot point of the episode as the super secret item the motorcycle dude was carrying around: a typewriter. At least they did not drag that out for a couple seasons for an anticlimactic reveal like Lost would have done. I wonder if Vegas will let me put money on mysterious dude being the guy who wrote Henry’s fairytale book?
You can stream current episodes on Hulu. You can also download Once Upon a Time.

Shameless: I expect Frank to do some pretty despicable things, but I never thought he would turn down the heart transplant. And we all wish of going out while having sex, but I never thought of it though the eyes of whoever is on the other end of things, so to speak.

House of Lies: The problem with this show is right there in the opening sequence every week, right where Don Cheadle tells the camera, “You still don’t know what I do?” Um no, and that is not a good thing for the audience even if it is good for business, three episodes in and I still am not sure what it is all about. All I now with every passing episode, the less and less I want to vote for Mitt Romney.

Pan Am: When Pan Am started I was hoping the Token Hot Chick from the show would fill the hole that was about to be left by the Token Hot Chick from Chuck (both from Australia, note to self: talk to a travel agent) in its last but alas, she did not even last longer. Le sigh.
You can stream recent episodes on Hulu. You can also download Pan Am on iTunes.

Pretty Little Liars:I cannot believe they did yet another epic scene of Aria and Ezra reunited, it is definitely not only natural. I was hopping her mom would catch them so she finally would realize it is time to turn the guy over to the police.
You can stream recent episodes on Hulu. You can also download Pretty Little Liars on iTunes.

The Lying Game: What? So let me get this straight: Cordelia Chase shows up as Annie, the twins’ mother, except Char’s aunt and their mother is no longer the same person. But now other Annie is no longer the twins’ mother and Cordelia is? This helps my theory that Ted is the twins’ father and it was a result of a one night stand with. Though if Annie Rebecca is the mom, how did Ted and Alex convince her to give up her kids and not tell anyone?
You can stream recent episodes on Hulu. You can also download The Lying Game on iTunes.

Castle: I cannot believe it took so long to realize the boyfriend / freeloader was the murderer, I figured that out because the title screen.
You can stream recent episodes on Hulu. You can also download Castle on iTunes.

Justified: I assume legally they are not allowed to use the name Karen Sisco (Elmore Leonard’s other famous federal marshal) but I like how they not so subtly got around it by having her married and divorced within a month. But who knew Art was so ruthless (great scene even if there were no phonebooks around). And note to self: do not get on Bubba Blue’s bad side. But it should be interesting when all the pieces they put on the board these past two weeks start to come together.
You can stream recent episodes on Hulu. You can also download Justified on iTunes.

The Big Bang Theory: So apparently last week was not some elebroate dream sequence and Leonard and Penny are back together, but it may be even shorter this time around. But how disappointing was it yesterday when I searched for “Sheldon Cooper Fun with Flags” and there were not any videos of it on the internet. Massive fail on the CBS and / or Warner Brothers marketing department for not uploading any. (Note to self: next time you try searching for the video, make sure you do not forget the “L” again.)
You can stream recent episodes over at cbs.com. You can also download The Big Bang Theory on iTunes.

Chuck: Check back Monday for my thoughts on the series finale.
You can stream current episodes on Hulu. You can also download Chuck on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment