Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I Want My Music Television - 1/31/12


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.

Underneath the Sycamore - Death Cab for Cutie



I was just thinking at the start of the new Underneath the Sycamore video that it looked like the animation from their Grapevine Fires video with a noir feel to it and then the dude goes in and watches that very video. I guess I was right.


When I Was Young – Nada Surf



At the start of the new Nada Surf video, I actually thought it was going to be adults being poytrayed by their kid self, but it just turned out to be two kids in school uniforms. Oh well. Still a good song though.


The Bad in Each Other – Feist



Well that is a depressing way to start a music video. Thanks for ruining my day Feist.


Don't Kiss Me - Carl Thomas



I have long bemoaned what passes as RnB these days but it is nice to see artists like Carl Thomas are still honoring the smooth side of the genre. Sure he blatantly stole Raphael Saadiq’s glasses and do not ask me why he brought Snoop Dogg along.

No comments:

Post a Comment