Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Previewing Chasing UFOs



In a measure of full disclosure I should start off by saying that even though I believe aliens have to exist somewhere in the countless galaxies in our universe, I do not believe that any of them have traveled across light years to probe the dumbest of our species. We do not even have the technology to get us to Mars so it very doubtful that little green men can travel a billion times that distance in their lifetime. Just because you cannot indentify a flying object does not mean it cannot be explained in a terrestrial way.

Even with my belief, that does not mean I cannot enjoy a show called Chasing UFOs because even though I do not believe alien aircraft have been seen by humans I do enjoy watching stupid people and their stupid theories. The show reminds me of those shows on The Weather Channel where you had nutjobs who would chase twisters, but this team is going from city to city where various UFO sightings to try and determine if these lights in the sky were created by ET or something more Earthly.

The Chasing UFOs team is made up of three members, James Fox, the self proclaimed UFOlogist is naturally the believer. Ben McGee is the skeptic as a geoscientist and brings more rational explanations to the show. Erin Ryder lies somewhere in-between (and possibly coined the term “skeliever” and is the technical supervisor on the team. They will be heading to Texas (complete with a theme song: Headed Down to Texas - Headed Down to Texas to See the UFO), California, Colorado, Arizona, and of course Roswell, New Mexico.

Two episodes air tomorrow back to back and after seeing both of them my previous statement has not changed and are still highly skeptical as these Unidentified Flying Objects are actually piloted by Extra-Terrestrials. But I did get a couple laughs at the people who thought they saw a UFO.

Chasing UFOs airs Fridays at 9:00 on the National Geographic Channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment