Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I Want My Music Television - 10/24/12


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.

The Baddest Man Alive – The Black Keys and RZA


The Black Keys! RZA!! The Baddest Man Alive!!! Dan gets fish slapped!!!!


Girl on Fire – Alicia Keys


Alicia Keys is back and thankfully without Nicki Minaj who ruined the song at the Video Music Awards. Although I was hoping for a video for the Bluelight Version of the song which was my favorite of the three versions that Alicia released for the song.


I’m Shakin’ – Jack White


For the unaware, Jack Black recorded his first solo album with two bands, an all guy one and an all girl one and here they are going head to head. I have to say I prefer the blue Jack White.


Hurts Like Heaven - Coldplay


It is weird that Cpldplay are launching a comic book based on their album over a year after it was released. But then again, maybe it will ended up being optioned as a big budget motion picture. It is no less plausible than a talking alien raccoon. Plus I have to admit, Major Minus is an awesome name for a arch-nemesis and the bad guys are usually more interesting than the comic book heroes anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment