Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I Want My Music Television - 1/23/13



There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.

The Rebound – Tristan Prettyman


I think we may be nearing the end of the lyric video phenomenon because I actually had an adverse reaction after watching this one from Tristan Prettyman. Seeing the lyrics and them being realize literally (bananas!) with images just made me see just how creepy the song really is.


We Both Know - Colbie Caillat featuring Gavin DeGraw



I like both Colbie Caillat and Gavin DeGraw but this is a pretty boring song. It probably does not help that the movie it is from, Safe Haven, looks painfully bad. But I guess that should not be much of a surpise considering it was based on a book by Nicholas Sparks who have us the abominations that were Dear John, The Last Song, and The Lucky One.


Waiting For the Night - Nelly Furtado


Whoa Nelly Furtado, you got some bad advice from whoever told you the 2-face skeleton paint would work. It makes the accordion solo look like a great idea in comparison.


Hollow - Alice In Chains


I was pretty content ignoring the Alice in Chains reboot when they released a new album a couple years ago. I really enjoyed the band back in the day because I loved the dichotomy of the angsty Laine Staley against the more melodic Jerry Cantrell. But I guess I going to have to acknowledge the new incarnation now that they are going to release a new album. The thirteen year old version of me does not like it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment