Monday, March 25, 2013

I Want My Music Television: 3/25/13


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


There Will Come a Time – Noah and the Whale


Sure Rand Paul may fillerbuster me for making this statement, but I have no problems living dystopian society that quarantines all the teenagers in the land. Thanks for the idea Noah & The Whale.


Wagon Wheel – Darius Rucker


Darius Rucker watches Duck Dynasty? Okay Hootie, we get it, you are really country now. Now how about trading the bowler hat for you Gamecocks cap and get back together with the Blowfish and make real music again.


4th of July – Brian McKnight


As much as I would like RnB to return to the silver age of the nineties with the likes of Boyz II Men, Babyface, and Brian McKnight, this just is not going to cut it. And turn down the thudding, Brian; you are not a cheesy techno RnB act.


No Cure – Meagan Hilty


They could not pay me to watch Smash (at least for anything under a thousand an episode), but I kind of like this song from Megan Hilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment