Tuesday, April 02, 2013

I Want My Music Television: 4/2/13




There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


Sacrilege - Yeah Yeah Yeahs


A couple weeks ago on Community, Chang Kevin revealed some Memento-style tattoos which made me wonder why the show never did a full Memento homage, telling a story backwards. Really no one has tried the telling a story in reverse until the Yeah Yeah Yeahs latest music video. You would think it would be more popular type of storytelling than it is. On a side note, Lily Cole should be a bigger star than she is.


The Phoenix - Fall Out Boy


When watching their comeback video, I was thinking to myself, I really wonder how Fall Out Boy got in the back of that van, well now I know. Okay, I did not really care. And how do you do a prequel without 2 Chainz?


Soothe My Soul - Depeche Mode


Are we sure that Depeche Mode did not make the exact same video in 1992 and are just recycling it?


Let Me Back In – Rilo Kiley


Rilo Kiley recently went on hiatus, possibly a permanent one depending on which member you ask and when you ask it, but if this is the end, the band is cleaning out their vaults for a album full of rarities including this catchy track which is good enough that it could have made one of their proper albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment