Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I Want My Music Television: 6/18/13


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


Tears Always Win – Alicia Keys


When the background singers appeared behind Alicia Keys I actually expected to see Jermaine Paul there. Where has he been since winning The Voice? I get the feeling Cassadee Pope will end up getting her album before he does. Danielle Bradbery may even have her album out before he does (there is no way she loses to the two other lackluster singers in the final, right?).


God Is Dead? - Black Sabbath


When Black Sabbath gave Ozzy the boot MTV was still a couple years from launching and to think, by the time the group reunited the MTV era is already completely over. And for some reason, the production value of this video looks like it is from the heyday of MTV during the early nineties.


Ways to Go – Grouplove


I would never had guessed we would get a Kim Jung-Un origins story in a Grouplove music video. Too bad they could not work Dennis Rodman into it.


Wear Me Out - Skylar Grey


I actually thought there was going to be a twist at the end of this video where you realize it was a prequel to the last Skylar Grey video where she was walking around covered in mud. Thankfully it was not because music video prequels are a bit silly. But of the three singles she has released from her upcoming album, this is probably my favorite.


No comments:

Post a Comment