Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Previewing Hack My Life



Kevin Pereira and Brooke Van Poppelen host Hack My Life

We have all been there, you are hosting a cookout and it is time to fire up the grill only to find you are out of charcoal. Now you are in the unenviable position of either leaving your own party or sheepishly asking one of your guests to go get you some. But what if you can light the grill with something already at party; maybe marshmallow, maybe the potatoes ships, or possibly even the Doritos? Which of these three party essentials will help you cook the perfect burger in a pinch is the type of information you will learn on the new show Hack My Life.

Yeah, I know, with all the negative hacking stories in the news last year, Hack My Life may not be the best title of a show; it is so bad it is surprising that it is not a sitcom on ABC. The show is hosted by Kevin Pereira (who you may remember as the disembodied voice you heard while starring at Olivia Munn on Attack of the Show) and Brooke Van Poppelen who each week will show you short cuts that could save you time, effort, and money with about ten or so hacks every week. The show is basically Mr. Wizard for adults. Now I need to see if I am brave enough to try to open a wine bottle with a bicycle pump because I am not having much success with an actual wine bottle opener.

Have your own life hacks, viewers will be invited to share their own hacks via a new Hack My Life hub at hackmylifetrutv.tumblr.com, with each week's best hack to be featured on the show. The Hack My Life initiative marks the first time that Tumblr's user-generated content will be featured in every episode of a weekly series.

Hack My Life airs Tuesdays at 10:30 on TruTV.

No comments:

Post a Comment