I have gotten a plethora of cool press releases have been flooding my inbox recently that you may find interesting. This post will include blurbs on MTV Movie Awards, Unlikely Animal Friends, Mississippi Inferno, It Takes a Church, Ringo Starr, Building Wild, Cabin Fever, and Katy Perry: The Prismatic World Tour.
- MTV just released their first promo video featuring host Amy Schumer, along with actress Anna Kendrick, in support of the upcoming 2015 MTV Movie Awards airing live on Sunday, April 12, 2015 at 8:00 from Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, California.
- Never doubt the power of friendship. Sometimes man’s best friend is not who you think it is, and sometimes predator and prey bond in the most unexpected ways. Of all the unlikely animal friends in the world, we search out the most unique, most surprising and most loving in Nat Geo WILD’s popular Unlikely Animal Friends, returning Friday, Feb. 27, at 10:00 with all new episodes.
- This year marks the 50th anniversary of the passage of one of the most important pieces of civil rights legislation in American history, the 1965 Voting Rights Act. A new Smithsonian Channel Black History Month two-part special, Mississippi Inferno reveals the essential role played by black landowners and black independent farmers as a real driving force behind the passage of this legislation. Narrated by actor, director and political activist Danny Glover (Lethal Weapon), the two-part special premieres Monday, February 16 with Mississippi Inferno: Seeds of Revolt at 8:00 followed by Mississippi Inferno: Deeds of Defiance at 9:00.
- GSN, the leader in game shows and competitive entertainment, announced today the premiere of the second season of their hit dating show, It Takes a Church on Thursday, March 26 at 8:00. Grammy®-nominated vocalist and multiple Dove Award winner Natalie Grant returns as host, visiting churches in California, Michigan, Tennessee, Alabama, Indiana and Wyoming, in hopes of finding love for one lucky single. Each week, It Takes a Church travels to a different location, to surprise one unsuspecting single with the news that they’re about to be saved from the dating world, as numerous matchmakers present people they believe would be a great match. However, it is not the bachelor/bachelorette who decides who they will get to know better…it’s family, friends and those closest to them in the community! After a series of dates, one person will be chosen, and the matchmaker who brought the chosen suitor also wins a donation made to the church in their name.
- Universal Music Enterprises proudly announces Ringo Starr's 18th studio release, Postcards from Paradise. With 11 original tracks, the solo album is due out March 31, 2015 and is the first to include a song written and recorded by Ringo Starr and his current All Starr Band - Steve Lukather, Todd Rundgren, Gregg Rolie, Richard Page, Wally Palmer and Gregg Bissonette. Postcards from Paradise was produced by Ringo and recorded at his home studio in Los Angeles and, as always, features friends and family. As Ringo often says, "If I am recording and you're in town and drop by, you're going to be on the record!" The album’s guest artists include: Joe Walsh, Benmont Tench, Dave Stewart, Ann Marie Simpson, Richard Marx, Amy Keys, Peter Frampton, Nathan East, and Glen Ballard.
- Need that perfect spot to watch every big game, or a home away from home to escape the madness of the city? A classic log cabin or a floating getaway — these guys can build it. National Geographic Channel (NGC) is going into the woods to give cabin enthusiasts incredible — and sometimes improbable — wilderness retreats in America’s last frontiers. NGC’s first do-it-yourself series Building Wild returns for a second season (Tuesday, Feb. 24, at 9:) of incredible wilderness havens. And new series Cabin Fever builds beautiful custom log homes for clients across the United States the same night at 10:00.
- Fresh off her Super Bowl XLIX Halftime performance and current world tour, EPIX are excited to announce the World Television Premiere of Katy Perry: The Prismatic World Tour on Saturday, March 28th at 8:00. The recently filmed high-energy two-hour Concert Special will air during the EPIX Free Preview Weekend (March 26-29) and features Katy performing her biggest hits from I Kissed a Girl to Dark Horse.