Saturday, October 22, 2016
We have known for a while now that ancient rulers had very expansive thoughts of the afterlife, just look at the enormous pyramids in Egypt that houses the tombs of the pharaohs. But a recent tomb uncovered in China puts those Egyptians to same with a tomb to an emperor there that is the size of Manhattan and features an entire army made out of clay, including horses, carved in exquisite detail. And now explorer Albert Lin has been given unprecedented access to the tomb of China’s first empower for the new special China’s Megatomb Revealed premiering Sunday at 9:00 on the National Geographic Channel.
“The Terracotta warriors are just the tip of the iceberg in the largest tomb complex ever discovered, which has gone largely unexcavated… until now. These silent statues guard explosive, macabre findings that paint a very different picture of the ancient world from what we thought we knew.” Some new information uncovered include evidence that Europeans were in contact with the Chinese millennia before Marco Polo. A skull with a crossbow bolt embedded in the back. And much more.
China’s Megatomb Revealed premieres tomorrow, Sunday, at 9:00 on the National Geographic Channel.
Friday, October 21, 2016
I have gotten a plethora of cool press releases have been flooding my inbox recently that you may find interesting. This post will include blurbs on Twin Peaks, POV (Point of View), Years of Living Dangerously, Stephen Colbert’s Live Election Night Democracy’s Series Finale: Who’s Going To Clean Up This Shi*t?, Green Day iHeartRadio Album Release Party on AT&T, Wheel of Fortune, Bob Hope: Home for the Holidays, Trolls: Crazy Party Forest, and Don the Con.
- Showtime has released the first behind-the-scenes look at the new Twin Peaks, which will premiere in 2017 on Showtime, on-air, on demand and over the internet. This first glimpse on set features original cast members Kyle MacLachlan, Miguel Ferrer, Kimmy Robertson, Harry Goaz, Dana Ashbrook and James Marshall sharing their thoughts on returning to the television phenomenon, as well as insight from new cast members Jim Belushi, Amy Shiels, Robert Knepper and Chrysta Bell into what fans can expect from the new Twin Peaks.
- Ryan and Amy Green faced every parent’s worst nightmare when their infant son Joel was diagnosed with brain cancer. But Ryan, an independent video game developer, imagined that something larger and brighter could come out of his family’s struggle: a poetic video game that would help him share an experience so rarely discussed—raising a child with cancer. Their heroic and life-affirming story is documented in Thank You for Playing, an Official Selection of the 2015 Tribeca Film Festival, which will premiere during the 29th season of the PBS series POV (Point of View) on Monday, Oct. 24, 2016 at 10:00 (check local listings). American television’s longest-running independent documentary series, POV is the recipient of a 2013 MacArthur Foundation Award for Creative and Effective Institutions.
- National Geographic Channel (NGC) will premiere the second season of the Emmy award-winning documentary series Years of Living Dangerously— Sunday, Oct. 30, at 8:00. Years of Living Dangerously will move to its regularly scheduled time, Wednesdays at 10:00, beginning Nov. 2. The full list of season two correspondents includes Jack Black, Gisele Bündchen, Ty Burrell, Don Cheadle, America Ferrera, Thomas Friedman, Joshua Jackson, David Letterman, Aasif Mandvi, Nikki Reed, executive producer Arnold Schwarzenegger, Ian Somerhalder, Cecily Strong, Sigourney Weaver and Bradley Whitford. They give first-person accounts from locations — some shockingly close to home, others in far-flung corners of the globe — where the effects of climate change are most prevalent. They cover crucial issues, like severe hurricanes, deforestation, the solar energy crisis, climate migrants, historic droughts and the rapidly increasing extinction rate of our planet’s wildlife. The result is a gritty and raw look at not only how our species has impacted our planet but also how we can save it for future generations.
- In an unprecedented partnership between The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and Showtime, the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning late night host Stephen Colbert will bring his special brand of political satire and social commentary to a live Showtime election special. Stephen Colbert’s Live Election Night Democracy’s Series Finale: Who’s Going To Clean Up This Shi*t? will air on Tuesday, November 8 at 11 p.m. ET / 8 p.m. PT.
- Tune in to watch Green Day iHeartRadio Album Release Party on AT&T, airing exclusively via nationwide broadcast Friday, October 21 at 9:00 pm ET/PT on the AUDIENCE Network, DIRECTV Ch 239/U-verse Ch 1114. Green Day's new album Revolution Radio is out now on Reprise Records.
- GSN, the leader in game shows and competitive entertainment, announced today that it has secured the telecast rights to season 31 of the iconic game show Wheel of Fortune, debuting Monday, October 24 and airing weekdays at 11:00 and 11:30am.
- There's no place like home for the holidays. And there really was no place like Bob Hope's home for the holidays with Bob, Dolores and the Hope family. Bob Hope's TV Christmas connection began on December 24, 1950 with The Comedy Hour and from then on, each and every holiday season, Bob invited friends from the world of entertainment and sports to celebrate the season in hilarious and heartwarming fashion. America's greatest entertainer hands out laughs galore in Bob Hope: Home for the Holidays! Street date, November 1.
- Ubisoft, a leading publisher of interactive entertainment, today announced that the extraordinary world of DreamWorks Animation’s Trolls is coming to life in an all new mobile game, Trolls: Crazy Party Forest! Based on DreamWorks’ Trolls, the upcoming animated feature film transporting audiences into a fresh and irreverent broad comedy filled with music, heart and hair-raising adventures, Trolls: Crazy Party Forest! is a free-to-play game where players can build their own Troll village and interact with their favorite characters including Poppy, Branch and their friends from the movie. The new game, developed by Ubisoft’s mobile team, is now available for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android devices worldwide.
- DontheCons.com, the world’s leading website dedicated to the honoring the legacy of the world-leading con jobs promulgated by Donald Trump (a/k/a Don the Con), today announced the winner of greatest Don the Con Con Job contest. With over 20 million votes recorded in multiple rounds, The “Make Trump Rich Again” Con narrowly defeated Trump U as the greatest con of all time.
Monday, October 17, 2016
Once Upon a Time: I thought pulling out characters from a high school reading list was bad, but that may have been better than revisiting Cinderella’s origin story.
You can download Once Upon a Time on iTunes.
Shameless: So did none of the other Gallagher’s think to use a ladder to get to the second floor? Well I guess it was more entertaining to take a sledgehammer to the wall.
Masters of Sex: Interesting bit of quid pro quo with Virginia “admitting” that her agent took part in the survey and refused the second book because they did not include his data because he was too good in bed. And id Libby really going to hook up with the lawyer? Seems like a really bad match.
Supergirl: So the demotion to The CW means no more cave based DEO instead there is a new building base in city because… why not? Oh well, at least the show is still fun.
You can download Supergirl on iTunes.
Timeless: To let Lincoln die or not to let Lincoln die, that is the question. Might as well save him because they already messed up the timeline. Maybe Lucy’s sister would have returned had they saved Abe. I thought maybe they would change the timeline because Lincoln’s son became obsessed with finding Lucy and never married the person he was supposed to marry and they just messed up the timeline. But nice twist where it turned out Lucy’s father is not really her father even though I was disappointed nothing changed, I was kind of hoping there would be something that changed every time they traveled back in time.
You can download Timeless on iTunes.
Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen. X: My main rule for the Hidden Immunity is never use it for someone else unless you can give it to someone in your alliance that will switch the numbers into your favor. At Tribal, I thought it was a bold move, but the more I think about it, I think it was the wrong move. Then the promo showed why it was a really dumb idea to give away your Idol because next week, Jeff says, “Drop your buffs.” So unless he is on the same tribe as CeCe and Jessica, dude will really want that Idol back.
Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen. X on iTunes
The Good Place: So Chidi and Tahanni are really soulmates, right? But does that make Eleanor and the monk soulmates and that was the mix up?
You can download The Good Place on iTunes.