Monday, October 23, 2017

I Want My Music Videos: 10/23/2017




Sway - Danielle Bradbery


Danielle Bradbery had a reputation of being a robot while on The Voice. She was perfectly fineand her first album was perfectly fine too but ultimately boring country pop. After that they floated an embarrassingly bad country rap song Friend Zone. So I was not too excited when it was announced she was going to be one of the rare Voice contestant to get a second major label album. Umm, actually is she the first? Really sad that I have to ask that considering the shoe just started its thirteenth season. (After some research she is if you do not count EP’s.) But it turns out her new song is really catchy. Not in a county-pop sort of way, definitely not country-rap. If this was released in the eighties, it would be a pop song. Had it been released last decade it would be adult contemporary. Unfortunately modern pop has been taken over by weird computer EDM sounds and adult contemporary is pretty much just Ed Sheeran so I am not sure how this song reaches a wider audience unless the progressive country fans that made Girl Crush a hit accept this song.


May I Have This Dance – Francis and the Lights featuring Chance the Rapper


When I first heard the non remix version of this song, I actually thought I was listening to a long lost Peter Gabriel song. As for the remix version's video, is Chance the Rapper and Francis and the Lights trying out for a Napoleon Dynamite remake?


It's a Shame - First Aid Kit


I am a sucker for camera tricks and I really like the subtly of the two members of First Aid Kit walking down the same streets and having slightly different experiences.


Tennessee Mountain Top – Kid Rock


Okay, so Kid Rock’s senate run is obvious a joke, I mean, here is a video with a stuffed raccoon. I mean it is not as wacky as Roy Moore, but c’mon, it has to be a joke right? Please be a joke. And isn’t the song kind of ripping off a Nickelback song?

No comments:

Post a Comment